Thursday, August 19, 2010

Old friends...

So we just had a very old friend over for dinner. He is in town from LA and it was so great to see him. It is amazing to me how ten years can pass but when you sit down to dinner with someone, it is as if it has been a few months at the most. It was refreshing to get an LA perspective that is missing here in the bubble. He and my one true love went toe-to-toe politically which really was interesting- (luckily my OTL doesn't care that I align more with Ray...)


I am not great at keeping in touch with people. It really has never been my forte. Growing up, my friends were those who were present. If someone moved away, there would always be promises of writing letter (this was before the Internet was invented people) but after a letter or two, I would blow it off... My sister, on the other hand, was and is a champion friend. She is the person who remembers birthdays, anniversaries, the day you adopted your dog- seriously everything. She still writes letters to a select group of dear friends. I envy that a bit.

I am a person who can catch up with you in ten minutes and then talk for hours. That is what it was like tonight with Ray. It was so great to see him and get caught up- but it was even more fun to get to know him again- as we are now. One of my favorite things is getting to know people- not necessarily strangers, just people. So it is super fun to get to know an old friend again.

Great to see you, Ray-(and to learn about Cosmo!) Look us up next time you are in the bubble!

No comments:

Post a Comment