Saturday, January 9, 2010

Glorious snow!!!

Today is the most beautiful day we have had in a long time. It is a balmy 25 degrees, there are three feet of snow on the ground and it is sunny. Everything is glistening, fresh and beautiful. Since it is such a nice day, I dragged my three offspring and my husband outside to play.

When we first went out, it was just me and my little guy. He decided we were going on a nature hike to look for tracks. We traipsed through the feet of snow around our whole cul-de-sac looking at tracks. Any mark in the snow is a track when you are four and he was so creative. We saw panda tracks, lion tracks, polar bear tracks and bird tracks! All in my little suburb in NE Ohio! I just followed behind him wishing I had my new flip video camera because it was so fun and cute.

After we were about 2/3 of the way around our trek, CDub came out. He promptly climbed onto the mountain of snow left by the plow and said "I'm the king of the world" complete with Titanic hand motions. DH looked at me--"Has he seen Titanic?" "No!" "where did he learn this?" "School? The Bus? who knows? It is pretty cute, though!" "Yeah..." and then he decided to pelt CDub with a snowball to show him who is really king of this world!

Finally Bean decided to join us. She had been experiencing high levels of drama today as she woke up at 6:15-- ON A SATURDAY!!! We have found that if we just ignore the hysteria, it stops. So we went about our business and just kept playing. She got her act together and we made a tunnel through the plow mountain, we made snow angels and attempted a snowman, but the snow was just too fluffy! There was a bit of crying because her snow angel wasn't perfect. She seemed to get over it quickly, though, and kept playing!

The kids are all snuggled into their beds now after a warm mac-and-cheese lunch and mom is ready for a nap... and to go play more this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment