Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My kitchen smells so good!

So I'm taking dinner to a friend that had a baby today and I'm trying a new recipe- Butternut Squash Soup with Bacon and Apples. I'm also making homemade Mac and Cheese for the kids. It smells so good in my kitchen! I haven't been cooking too much lately just because I've been busy and/or lazy. I had almost forgotten how much I enjoy cooking- it is such a stress relief! I love the chopping and sauteeing and roasting and stirring. Mostly, I love making dinner at 2:30 in the afternoon. It makes my evening go so much more smoothly. I can spend time with the kids instead of parking them in front of the Wii while I cook dinner. (That being said, they will probably cry when I say we have to spend time together instead of playing the wii tonight!)



So here's the soup recipe- I'll update and tell you how it turned out. Ideally I'd post pictures of all the steps but I'm not even close to there yet!!!

Apparently, I'm not even to the point that I can paste in the recipe... I'll keep trying!

---back to add that the soup was SO GOOD! Still trying to get the recipe on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment