Friday, September 25, 2009

Mean kids don't stray far from your parents...

So I didn't intend on making my first "official" blog post a rant but I guess it is turning out that way. Such is life!

I have striven to raise my kids to be kind, polite, caring, etc. They can be mean to each other, but are nice and respectful to kids and adults outside of our family. I have heard time and time again how sweet they are- and I always say "You should see them at home! Not so sweet there..." However, my oldest, C-Dub, has a new "friend" at school. This boy is a straight up bully. He has targeted C-Dub as weaker than he, and now he is teasing, hitting, and threatening my boy.

Mommy instinct is kicking in and makes me want to beat the living shit out of this seven year old boy. Instead I wrote a sensible email to the teacher just asking him to watch out for my boy. The best part about the whole situation is that C-Dub truly sees Bully as his friend. He doesn't realize that Bully is being mean to him. We had a talk and I told him to tell Bully that it hurts his feelings when he is taunted. Hopefully it will help! My sweet boy is sensitive and wears his heart on his designer sleeve. I can only hope that Bully will start leaving my boy alone before C-Dub realizes that he is being teased.

No one tells you when you have kids that your heart is walking around outside of your body! I can only hope that my heart learns to harden his to mean people-- just a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment